Wednesday, January 9, 2019

It Is Done!!!

Finally!!  Today we got the last inspection done on the trailer, got it registered, got it sold, went to the bank and started relaxing!!?  We sure had to jump through a lot of hoops to get this far.  Customs to import both vehicles - at the airport (50 mile round trip) - two trips!!; then inspections - appointments had to be made for these, emission tests for the truck, letter of compliance for the truck, and then standing in line at MVD and then dealing with a lady that did not really know how to register the fifth wheel and then driving another 65 miles miles back to Power RV who bought the two vehicles.  It was 65 miles because we had to go to all the way up to Scottsdale for the inspections and registrations.  This was three trips!!  It cost $124.68 for the truck and 264.83 for the fifth wheel!!!!  I should be able to get most of that back when I cancel the registrations!!I suppose that I should feel sad but I don't really.  Kit feels sadder than I do!!  Now to get on with the rest of our life - what ever that may be.

Most of you know now that Mike brought our Acadia down on the weekend.  It saved us a trip up there so it was very much appreciated.  He volunteered - It is not something that I would ask anyone to do.  He drove to Vegas on Saturday and then here on Sunday and back on Monday night on Air Canada!!!

Anyway, I've run out of things to say right now, but seeing as I am done worrying about the vehicles, I should have a few more things to think about and do and talk about sooner than last time!!??

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you have reached the end of the ‘big transition’. Nice that Mike could help you out, too. Looks like he’ll do anything fir a night in Vegas! 😀

    ReplyDelete