Monday, December 24, 2018

Happenings

And a Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!

I am sitting in my 'dining area' at 8 AM and I decided to do this as I wait for the guys to pick me up to go golfing!!  Kit is off to exercises so I decided this is as good a time as ever!! 

Something different and unusual (at least for us) happened last night - we lost our power!!  I checked the breakers outside and the main one into the unit would not reset so I called Phil and we decided the best thing to do was to call security which he did and got the manager's number and he got hold of the maintenance guy and they showed up at 7:30 this morning and put a new breaker in!!  I am very pleased with this outcome - at least we had several flashlights so we weren't running into things too much!  At least we had water and heat - the furnace is on a separate breaker.  It gave us (Kit) a bit of a break from cleaning so I guess that was a good thing.

Speaking of cleaning, we(Kit) are basically done the main portion of the unit - now for the Arizona room.  That is where we put most of the stuff to get it out of the way!!  This is a very nice unit but it was VERY dirty.  Mostly dust and dirt but there was sure a lot of it.  Thank goodness for Betty and Phil.  They gave us a lot of help and loaned us things - like a vacuum!!  Several other friends have also volunteered their labor so it has been very nice.  Still a lot of work though.

Of course with tomorrow being Christmas Day it will be quite different for us.  Tonight we are going over to Betty and Phil's for supper - along with Cliff and Suzanne - so that should be very nice.  Tomorrow we are going to the 'ballroom' for Christmas dinner.  The table of sixteen will include mostly Canadian friends with a couple of 'token' Americans!!  The park supplies the ham (this is the USA!) and we do the rest.  It should be fun.  Of course Kit is doing a double sweet potato recipe.  I even made some peanut brittle this year and have be spreading it around to special people!!

That's enough 'news' for today.  More next week!!  Have a great day tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment